St. Patrick’s Day in Milwaukee is a festive and lively celebration that attracts both locals and visitors from out of town. The city has a rich Irish heritage, and there are plenty of events and activities to enjoy during the holiday.
One of the most popular events is the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which takes place in downtown Milwaukee. The parade features a variety of floats, marching bands, and other performers, and draws a large crowd of spectators each year.
Another popular activity is to visit one of the many Irish pubs in the city. Milwaukee has a thriving pub scene, and many of these establishments offer live music, traditional Irish food and drinks, and other festive activities during the St. Patrick’s Day weekend.
If you’re looking for something more family-friendly, you may want to check out the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Party. This event features Irish music and dance performances, children’s activities, and plenty of food and drinks.
Milwaukee also has several museums and cultural institutions that celebrate the city’s Irish heritage. The Milwaukee Irish Fest Center, for example, offers year-round programming that includes concerts, lectures, and other events.
Overall, there are plenty of ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Milwaukee, whether you’re looking to attend a parade, enjoy traditional Irish food and drinks, or learn more about the city’s Irish history and culture.
Milwaukee has a thriving pub scene, and there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are a few popular pubs in Milwaukee:
- County Clare Irish Inn & Pub: This cozy Irish pub in downtown Milwaukee features a fireplace, live music, and a menu of classic pub fare and Irish specialties.
- The Harp Irish Pub: Located in the heart of the Historic Third Ward, The Harp offers a warm and inviting atmosphere with a wide selection of beers, whiskey, and pub food.
- The Irish Pub: With its wood-paneled walls, stained glass windows, and cozy booths, The Irish Pub is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. They offer a menu of classic pub fare and a wide selection of beers and spirits.
- The Wicked Hop: This gastropub in the Historic Third Ward features a rotating selection of craft beers, as well as a menu of creative pub fare like bacon-wrapped dates and truffle mac and cheese.
- Ale Asylum Riverhouse: Located on the Milwaukee Riverwalk, this brewpub features a variety of house-made beers, as well as a menu of pub food and wood-fired pizzas.
These are just a few examples of the many great pubs in Milwaukee. Other notable spots include The Vanguard, Burnhearts, and The Standard Tavern.